View Full Description
This new GR-D V-Guitar Distortion Pedal is part of Roland's acclaimed V-Guitar family which also includes the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and the VG-99 V-Guitar System . The GR-D is designed to allow players with traditional set-ups to experience the incredible sound potential of GK processing. If used with an optional US-20 Unit Selector, the GR-D can also give current GR and VG users new sounds for their existing rig.
Access to New Sounds with GK Processing
The GR-D pedal features a 13-pin input for use with a guitar outfitted with the Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup or a GK-equipped instrument such as the GC-1 GK Ready Stratocaster. Unlike standard pickups the Roland GK pickup senses and isolates each individual string, sending them as six discrete signals to a 13-pin jack. When connected to a V-Guitar device like the GR-D pedal, each string can be processed individually which opens up a universe of sound possibilities that are not possible with a normal ¼ inch guitar output.
Roland's GC-1 GK Ready Stratocaster is one of the guitars which has a built in GK pickup and 13-pin output. There are also GK-equipped guitars available from other manufacturers as well. Roland also offers the Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup separately which you can fit to your own guitar to enable GK compatibility.
Unique Distortion Tones for Modern Players
The GK processing in the GR-D makes possible a huge array of bold distortion tones. By applying a separate distortion process to each string, the atonal harmonic artefacts of mono distortion are eliminated. The result is incredible string definition and clarity even with full chords at extremely high gain levels. Picking Dynamics are also greatly enhanced and wide stereo effects can be achieved. VG-DIST 1 and VG-DIST 2 offer two very different distortion flavours which have been newly developed for the GR-D whilst POLY DIST is a new variant on the classic "polyphonic distortion" found in early Roland guitar synths but enhanced with the power of modern digital technology. SYNTH is an analogue synth type sound based on string vibration instead of an oscillator, providing an ultra-responsive playing feel.
Ultra responsive Gain, Color, Tone and Level knobs allow you to further shape your sound and four memory locations provide storage for custom settings for quick recall from a GK-compatible guitar while performing. A Solo function, accessible with one of the pedal's two footswitches, boosts the presence of the sound when you want to switch to lead playing.
Easily Integrate the GR-D Into Any Rig
The GR-D pedal offers a variety of connections for the integration of the unit into different rigs including pedalboards, multi effects setups, racks, mixers and other V-Guitar devices. A dual mix/guitar input allows you to connect a standard ¼ inch guitar output, pedals or multi effects and blend them with the GR-D sound. The combined mix is then sent to the pedal's mono/stereo output.
The 13-pin GK output carries the guitar's normal pickup signal as well and the controls on any GK-equipped guitar allow you to blend the GK and normal sounds right from your instrument. A dedicated guitar output jack on the GR-D lets you connect the normal guitar sound directly to an amp or effects with no GK processing applied. It can also be used in conjunction with the Mix/Guitar input to create a send/return loop for your normal effects chain.
- Nominal Input Level: MIX INPUT: -10 dBu GUITAR INPUT: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIX INPUT: 1 M ohm GUITAR INPUT: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT: -20 dBu GUITAR OUTPUT: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT: 2 k ohms GUITAR OUTPUT: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Indicators: POWER indicator (serves also as battery check indicator), ON/OFF indicator, SOLO indicator
- Memory: 4
- Effect Type: VG-DIST 1, VG-DIST 2, POLY DIST, SYNTH
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 200 mA (9 V, when used with GK-3)
- Expected battery life (continuous use): Alkaline battery: Approx. 7 hours, Carbon-zinc battery: Approx. 2 hours (These figures will vary).
- ON/OFF pedal
- SOLO pedal
- TYPE knob
- GAIN knob
- COLOR knob
- TONE knob
- LEVEL knob
- SELECT button
- WRITE button
- OUTPUT SELECT switch
- MIX/GUITAR INPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks
- GK IN connector
- GUITAR OUTPUT jack
- OUTPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks
- DC IN jack
- Size and Weight:
- Width: 173 mm, 6-13/16 inches
- Depth: 158 mm, 6-1/4 inches
- Height: 57 mm, 2-1/4 inches
- Weight: 1.2 kg, 2 lbs. 11 oz.
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information)
- Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Options (sold separately):
- AC adaptor: BOSS PSA-series
- Divided pickup: GK-3 (for guitar)
- V-Guitar: GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster (R)
- GK Cable: GKC-10 (10 m), GKC-5 (5 m)
- Unit Selector: US-20
The product price includes 3 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.