Korg PitchBlack Portable Polyphonic Tuner, Silver
Korg PitchBlack Portable Polyphonic Tuner, SilverDetails
The pitchblack Portable is a polyphonic tuner for your guitar or bass that provides speedy and accurate tuning.
Please note: Colour may vary from image shown
Product Ref: 33068View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Featuring a high-brightness LED display with excellent visibility, the pitch drift of each string is instantly and clearly visible, with accuracy of +/- 0.1 cents, the pitchblack Portable delivers a significant advance in guitar and bass tuning.
Korg's proprietary cable checker function is also built-in, letting you easily check for broken cables, making the pitchblack an ideal companion for on stage or in the studio.
Large, high brightness display
The large display features colourful, high-brightness LEDs which provide excellent visibility. Whether placed by your feet, on top of your amp or on a dimly-lit stage, the pitchblack Portable delivers superb visability in any situation.
Rapid and precise tuning
Newly-developed polyphonic tuning functionality allows you to play all open strings as once, and the meter will show which string requires tuning, so you can save time only tuning those.
Choose from three meter display modes
Regular Meter mode tunes the string so that the white LED in the centre of the meter is lit. As with a needle-type tuner meter, the LED will move to the right if the string is sharp, and left if the string is flat. Strobe Meter mode uses illumination to help you tune accurately, flowing to the right or left for sharps and flats. The Half Strobe Metermode determines flat and sharp notes in the same way, only the centre LED will light up when the pitch is correct.
Ideal for guitarists using a 'floating tremolo'
When using a floating tremolo system, one out-of-tune string may affect the tuning of others. With a traditional tuner, this means tuning and retuning every string a number of times. With the pitchblack Portable, you can easily identify the out of tune string.
Automatic Guitar or Bass detection, support for flat, capo and drop-D tuning
Korg's pitchblack will automatically detect whether you're playing a guitar or bass, even supporting 5 and 6-string basses. As well as regular tuning, pitchblack will help you to easily achieve flat, capo and drop-D tunings - saving time during a performance or inbetween recordings. A Mute function lets you tune without producing sound from the Output jack, a welcome feature for live situations.
Cable Checker function
The revolutionary Cable Checker function is built-in to the Korg pitchblack. Just connect both ends of your monaural phone cable to the Input and Cable Check jack, and the display will let you know if it's broken. This is a valuable extra tool to avoid problems in the stage and the studio.
A slim, horizontal body occupies little space, easily fitting into your effect pedalboard or on top of your amp. In addition, the pitchblack Portable also provides a DC OUT jack that can be used to feed power to other effect pedals. By connecting a commercially available DC cable, you can supply power to multiple effect pedals, allowing you to simplify the power connections in your pedalboard.
Features and Specifications
- Large, high-brightness LED display providing excellent visibility
- Rapid and precise polyphonic tuning, with the tuning of all strings visible at a glance
- String Seeker function
- Three meter display modes: regular, strobe, and half-strobe
- Ultra-high precision tuning of +/-0.1 cents (when using strobe meter)
- Ideal for 'floating tremolo systems'
- Korg's proprietary automatic guitar/bass (4-6 string) detection
- Flat (5 Semitones), Capo (7 Semitones), and Drop-D tunings are also supported
- Cable Checker warns of broken or shorted cables
- Buffered output minimizes any change in audio quality
- Mute function lets you tune silently
- Cascade-connectable DC out
- Slim horizontal body fits anywhere
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.