Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ Dynamic Effects/Sampler
Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ Dynamic Effects/SamplerDetails
The KP3+ is a real-time effects unit and sampler with the latest effects and sampling functionality. The KP3+ is a real-time effects unit that will generate the sounds of modern electronic and beyond.
Product Ref: 33066View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Famed for its intuitive touchpad interface, the Kaoss Pad series is highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world. The sounds that drive dance and EDM music movements, and the effects used to create them, are changing. Now you can keep up, introducing the KP3+. A complete update for an effects unit that will generate the sound of 2013 and beyond.
Control effects in real time with the KP3+ touchpad
With an intuitive design and amazing flexibility, the touchpad allows Kaoss Pad 3+ users to easily control effects and parameters with a simple stroke, tap or rub.
The remarkable design allows you to easily control effects in complex ways that would be impossible on a conventional keyboard.
150 effects, ideal for remixing, DJ, live music applications and in-studio use
The flagship model for the Kaoss Pad series, the KP3+ contains 150 new effect programs. In addition to the 108 effects carried over from the KP3, which include filters, delay, reverb, grain shifter and even a vocoder, there are 42 new and improved effects that represent today's dance music scene. These include newly-developed effects such as the Looper, Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor.
Vinyl Break turntable simulator
It's easy to obtain the scratch or record-stop effect with the Kaoss Pad 3+. In addition to the Mod.1 Vinyl Break, the KP3+ includes the Mod.2 Break Reverb, the LoP.2 Break Looper and LoP.8 Loop Breaker effects which combine the effect with a Looper.
Ducking Compressor to emphasize backbeats
You can use a side-chain effect to emphasize the backbeats of the kick. In addition to Mod.8 Ducking Compressor, there's a new rEV.1 Pump Reverb. Add the sense of 'breathing' to your music by dynamically varying the reverberation in synchonization with the BPM.
With the KP3+, you can loop the sound starting from the instant you touch the touchpad. New programs like the LoP.4 Freeze Looper, LoP.6 Shuttle Looper and LoP.7 Slice Looper are included, with existing programs updated for better functionality.
Effects for breaks and drops
The new LY.2 Echo Break and rEV.3 Reverb Break mute the input sound and generate delay or reverb, ideal ways to create breaks in your DJ play. The KP3+'s synth sound effects are enhanced, bringing them up to date for the evolving dance music scene.
...the effects don't stop there!
Other added effects include the FL.16 Centre Cancel for vocal cancellation, LFO.1 Jag Filter, dLY.5 One Delay which is great for styles like Hip-Hop and Grn.6 Stutter Grain, aternately applying a grain shifter and looper. Korg have completely rethought the X-axis and Y-axis parameter assignments and their polarity, adding flashy and glittering synth sounds as well as many more effects you will discover as you play.
The enhanced sampling functionality of the Kaoss Pad 3+ lets you peform using multiple effects and samples. Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds long and play it either a s a one-shot or loop. Samples can be triggered in four different ways. Half-beat shift function creates 'doubled' effects and slice and resampling functions let you create new phrases and re-sample the result.
Practical, easy to play and highly expandable
Select your favourite effect programs with eight program memories, and use the Hold effect to sustain it even after your hand has left the touchpad. The Kaoss Pad's LEDs illuminate along the path that's traced by your finger, letting you perform without difficulty in dimly-lit DJ booths. MIDI I/O jacks and a USB port make it easy to control external MIDI devices.
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed Looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
- Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
- Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
- Number of effect programs: 150
- Effect Categories: Filter=20 (6 new), EQ=2 Modulation=18 (5 new), LFO=27 (2 new), Delay=17 (4 new), Reverb=8 (3 new), Grain Shifter=6 (1 new), Looper=20 (17 new), Sampler=7, CrossFade=4, Drum=6, Synth=10 (3 new), Vocoder=5 (1 new)
- Main controllers: Touch pad, LEVEL slider
- Audio Input: Line Input (Stereo RCA pin jack), Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output: Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jack), Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD/DA: 24 bit / Linear
- Sampling time: Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds
- External storage device: SD Card (16MB ? 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- MIDI: In / Out
- USB: Type B
- Power supply: DC9V
- Display: 4-digit LED display
- Dimensions: 210 (W) x 226 (D) x 49 (H) mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Accessories: AC adapter, protective sheet for touch pad
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.