Shure BETA 27 Instrument Condenser Mic
Shure BETA 27 Instrument Condenser MicDetails
The Beta 27 side-address condenser mic is created for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording applications. With flat frequency response and low self-noise, the Beta 27 boasts an unerring performance in demanding environments. It provides high gain-before-feedback and maximum isolation from outside sounds, thanks to its tight supercardioid pattern.
Product Ref: 16820View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Developed for discerning live sound professionals, the new Beta 27 large diaphragm supercardioid condenser microphone accurately targets sources like acoustic, wind and electric instruments for concise, accurate sound with a minimum of bleed.
The Beta 27 has amazing performance, with low self-noise, consistent, highly directional polar response, exceptional low-frequency reproduction, extremely high SPL handling, high output level, extended frequency response, no crossover distortion.
Use with Many Instruments and Applications
It's designed for a variety of instruments and applications, including electric guitar and bass amplifiers, brass and woodwind instruments, orchestras, choirs, and wind ensembles, overhead miking of drums and percussion instruments, close-miking of acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, violins, drums, and percussion, low-frequency instruments such as double bass and kick drum and vocals and speech.
This microphone also comes with a Stand Adapter and Padded Zippered Pouch.
Click on the links below for more information about the Shure Beta 27 Microphone and its series:
Shure Mic Brochure
Beta 27 Spec Sheet
Beta 27 User Guide
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar® diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended lowend
- -15 dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise.
- Includes Stand Adapter and Padded Zippered Pouch
- Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 160
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -37 dBV/Pa, 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1 THD):
- 1000 load: 134 dB (148 dB, Pad on)
- 2500 load: 140 dB (154 dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz):
- 85.5 dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz):
- 1000 load: 125.5 dB
- 2500 load: 131.5 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1 THD):
- 1000 load: 2.0 dBV
- 2500 load: 8.5 dBV
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 428 g (15.1 oz.)
- Attenuator: -15 dB
- Low Frequency Response: flat; -6 dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.