Karaoke - The VIMA JM-5 accepts a wide range of file formats, including SMF, MP3, WAV, MP3+CDG, and VIMA Tunes via USB. Simply play your favourite songs and use the VIMA JM-5 to change tempo and/or key signature to best suit the singers voices. Plug in a microphone or two, and sing along using the powerful on-board Vocal effects, including Auto Harmony.
The VIMA JM-5 can display lyrics and slide-show images to match the music. When using WAV or MP3 files, you can use the Centre Cancel function to minimise pre-existing vocals for sing-along fun. You can even record your performances directly to USB and distribute to family and friends.
The VIMA JM-5 benefits from Roland's world-leading synthesizer and audio technology. Its 128-voice sound engine offers plenty of bandwidth and exceptional sound quality. Play SMF, MP3, WAV, MP3+CDG and VIMA Tunes files and build your own custom libraries in your favourite key signatures and tempos. When playing MP3 and WAV files, you can use the VIMA JM-5's Centre Cancel feature to minimise pre-existing vocals, making your own instant karaoke/sing-along songs.
The VIMA JM-5 can play back many kinds of music files directly from a connected USB memory or self-powered hard disk. It lets you change key signature and tempo to best suit your voice or performance style. The VIMA JM-5 can also be connected to a TV, monitor, or a projector and display the lyrics of the selected songs as well as digital photos. You can prepare playlists of your songs for seamless performance onstage. The playlists can be saved in a USB memory or a self-powered USB hard disk.
Amazing Vocal Effects
Two microphone inputs are provided for plugging in your choice of microphones (sold separately). If you choose a condenser mic, phantom power is provided on MIC 1 input. Add some professional polish to your voice with the excellent on-board vocal effects. Lush reverb, legendary Roland Space Echo, and auto-harmony effects are instantly available.
Record Your Performance
The VIMA JM-5 lets you record your own performances as audio data (WAV) to a connected USB-memory device or a self-powered USB hard disk. Share your performances with friends and family!
- All-in-one playback and performance module
- Over 1,000 tones, 57 drum kits, and 128-voice polyphony
- Plays back SMF, MP3, WAV, MP3+CDG, and VIMA Tunes files from an external USB storage device
- Tempo control, key change, and Melody Mute/Centre Cancel functions
- Supports slide shows and lyrics display
- Two vocal mic inputs with on-board Vocal Effects, including Harmony, Roland Space Echo, Ambience and Voice Transformer
- Audio WAV recording to external USB storage device
- Composite Video Out to display lyrics and/or chords of the selected songs as well as digital-photo slide shows
- Polyphony (Max): 128 Voices
- Sounds: 1092 Tones, 57 Drum Sets
- Multitimbral Parts: 19 (16 Song Parts + 3 External Parts Through MIDI In)
- Master Tuning: 415.3 Hz – 466.2 Hz
- Key Control (Transpose): -6 to +5 in Semitones (For Audio/MIDI Data)
- Tempo Change: Quarter Note = 20 to 250 for SMF, 75 to 125% for mp3 and WAV Files
- Part Mute Functions: Melody Mute: SMF / Center Cancel: MP3, WAV, Audio Input Signals
- SMF Song Section (Reverb): 8 Types
- SMF Song Section (Chorus): 8 Types
- SMF Song Section (MFX): 84 Types
- SMF Song Section (EQ): Parametric
- SMF Song Section (Compressor): Multiband
- MIC1: Reverb, Space Echo
- Vocal Effects (MIC1): Auto Harmony: 4 Types – Transformer: 9 Types
- Real-Time Player: SMF (Format 0/1), KAR, MP3, WAV
- Song Chord Extractor: Automatic Chord Detection for SMF Files
- SMF Makeup Tools: Instrument Oriented Editing
- Playlist: Lists of Favourite Songs for Automatic Playback
- Finder: Audio Files, SMF, Picture
- Next: Audio Files, SMF
- SMF Cover: 30 Types
- USB Recorder: Records Audio Files (WAV, 44.1 kHz / 16-bit Linear Format)
- Knobs: Master Volume, Backing, Mic 1, Mic 2, Ambience
- Rotary Encoder: Data Dial with Push Switching Function
- Headphone Connection: 1 x 1/8” Stereo Jack
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8” Jack (Stereo), 2 x XLR/TRS (Mic/Instrument)
- USB Connectors: USB Host (Data Storage), Computer
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4” Jack (Stereo Out)
- Height: 90 mm
- Width: 273 mm
- Depth: 230 mm
- Weight: 1.6 Kg