Orange Rockerverb MKIII 100W Twin Channel Guitar Amp Head, Black
Orange Rockerverb MKIII 100W Twin Channel Guitar Amp Head, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 58149View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Versatile Twin Channel Design
The original Rockerverb gained a cult following on account of its iconic high gain tones. The MKIIIs of course continue this tradition, but these amps are immensely flexible. The Dirty channel goes anywhere from classic British crunch to the very heaviest modern genres, and always maintains outstanding clarity. The non-master volume Clean channel has been re-engineered to take on a more 'sparkly' and 'crisp' nature but with greater control through a revoiced two band EQ section. The MKIIIs have even greater headroom and volume in full power mode should you need it, but this can now be manipulated with the amp's output power and Attenuator controls.
Footswitchable Attenuator Control
The Attenuator circuit is located after the master volume controls and determines when and how the amp distorts after the preamp stage. This means the overall volume level can be reduced, whilst keeping control over the amp's output clipping characteristics. Unlike a loadbox, this design ensures the all-important relationship between the output transformer and the speaker remains intact, so even at very low volumes the amp remains springy and responsive. Turning the Attenuator control clockwise reduces the overall output level (i.e. increases the attenuation), which can be remotely defeated via a footswitch for a volume boost on either channel for lead lines.
Valve Driven Spring Reverb
Driven by a single 12AT7/ECC81 valve and a custom transformer, the spring reverb circuit in the MKIII has undergone significant upgrades to its predecessors. It is the richest sounding spring reverb design to date, with a more intuitive and usable sweep, ranging from subtle 'air' to full-on surf.
Switchable Output Power & Effects Loop
Switching the amp's output power allows for more control over the headroom and breakup from the output valves. Reduce the output for greater output valve clipping and saturation at lower volume levels. The Rockerverb 50 MKIII features a 'half power' mode which drops the plate voltage on the output valves, and a 2 or 4 valve selector switch for a choice of 100, 70, 50 or 30 Watts. Additionally the MKIII also features a highly transparent effects loop which is buffered by a single 12AT7/ECC81 valve, ensuring an all-valve signal path from input to output.
Reviews"I always used to think that being in a 'heavier' band meant using niche gear specifically designed for heavy music - until I discovered the versatility and power of the Orange Rockerverb 100 head. After hearing what Jim Root & Wes Borland were doing with these amps, I had to try 'em out. I was sold immediately. It has just the right amount of features, no 'fluff'. The heads do everything you want, and go to places tonally that other amps can't."
Mikey Demus - Skindred
- Twin Channel Class A/B Guitar Amp Head
- 100 Watt Output Power
- Footswitchable Valve Driven Reverb
- Valve Buffered Effects Loop
- Footswitch Attenuator
- Selectable Output Wattage
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Jack
- Outputs: 3 x 1/4" Jack (Speaker Outputs),
- Additional Connections: 3 x 1/4" Jack (Footswitch), 1 x 1/4" Effects Send/Return
- Master Controls: Reverb, Attenuator, Channel Selector, Full/Standby/Half Power, Mains Switch
- Clean Channel Controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Dirty Channel Controls: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume
- Output Power: 100 Watts
- Impedance: 1 x 16 Ohms, 1 x 8 Ohms or 2 x 16 Ohms
- Preamp Valves: 4 x ECC83/12AX7, 2 x ECC81/12AT7
- Power Amp Valves: 4 x EL34
- Finish: Black
- Height: 27cm / 10.63"
- Width: 55cm / 21.65"
- Depth: 28cm / 11.02"
- Weight: 24.75 Kg
The product price includes 3 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.