View Full Description
The EWI4000S has many of the long sought after controls and functions that are necessary for expressive performance. These benefits have been proven by its predecessors, but the EWI offers these features at a much lower price. There are several improvements to the design as well, such as having a built-in sound module, direct MIDI IN and Out, and other updated operating functions. These functions make playing the EWI4000 easier than any other electronic wind instrument.
With the sound module and the instrument all in one product, players no longer need to be tethered to a module. By using MIDI and audio wireless transceivers, EWI4000S players can move freely on the stage as they are playing. The user can easily switch between programs on the EWI4000S directly with a dedicated Program selection button, or use the note keys to select stored patches.
The internal sounds of the EWI4000S are based on a virtual analog synth sound module that is very responsive to every nuance of the player's performance. With easily accessible controls for breath, vibrato, glide time, and bend width, users can adjust the settings of the EWI4000 to their specific playing style. Also you can send multiple MIDI messages via breath control to send expression and aftertouch control messages.
The EWI4000S also offers some new performance control features as well, such as the Octave Key. When you activate the Octave mode, you will get an automatic doubling of notes at one octave below the note you are playing. There is also a Hold Mode, which holds a note that you select enabling you to solo around that note. This is the first EWI with a sostenuto capability!
Besides being a great wind controller, you also get a first rate synthesizer. The EWI4000S has new synthesis features which were not available on previous EWIs. The internal analog modeling synth has two voltage controlled oscillators (sawtooth, triangle, square with pulse width waveforms) with individual volume control. The voltage controlled filter has a feature which allows you to change from 2 to 4 pole filters.
The EWI4000S's new noise generator and a dedicated VCF add more realism to your playing, emulating breath noise.
The EWI4000S has a new sweep function, which works more effectively than a typical envelope generator. As you change the force of your playing the sweep parameter will alter the shape of the sound. The synth contained inside has a LFO (low frequency oscillator) specifically for the voltage controller filter modulation. This LFO affects vibrato as you use the bite sensor. The EWI4000 also has built-in effects, a first for Akai EWI products, such as Reverb, Chorus and Delay to thicken or double-up your solos.
Since it would difficult to put all the knobs and buttons on the EWI-4000 that are needed to adjust the various parameters, the EWI4000S will come with a computer editor program to allow users to customize all their sounds ahead of time for live performance. This editor will come standard for Windows and Mac computers. All of your edited Programs can be stored inside the EWI4000S so you can recall your settings instantly during your performance.
- Touch sensitive keys and Octave roller for quick and responsive playing
- Sensitive breath sensor for expressive dynamics
- Built-in Analog Modeling Synth sound module
- Built-in MIDI output for use with sound modules
- PC and Mac Editor software for internal sounds
- Lightweight and Portable Design with Battery power
- USB Cable
- Software CD (Includes Drivers & Synth Control Software, also available online)
- Analog Modeling Synth:
- Preset Sounds with 2 VCO + 2 VCF, Dual Voice Analog Modeling
- Basic direct editing capability on the EWI4000. PC and Mac editing software included for extensive sound editing
- 2 Digit 7 Segment LED Program Display
- Shows program number when the Program Change sensor is touched
- HOLD key for playing second note while sustaining first note
- 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphone Output 1/8 inch stereo jack
- MIDI Out x1, MIDI In x1
- AC Adaptor input
- Cable Holder to prevent cables from slipping off the EWI4000S during performance
- Battery power using AA batteries
- Optional AC Adaptor
The product price includes 3 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.