View Full Description
The Ltd. Edition 75th Anniversary Inspired by "1939" Century features a modern tube amplifier that pushes 18 watts of power through a 12" Epiphone Electar speaker and is powered by two 6V6 and two 12AX7 tubes. The 1939 century has a wide range of controls to suit any kind of guitarist with a Master Volume that also has a push/pull "Boost" mode for higher gain and a Master tone control.
The Century is a faithful replica of the classic era cabinet including bent rims, an all-metal handle, 6-point star screws, and vintage style grill cloth. Plus, the 1939 Century includes three uniquely voiced inputs and an internal bias adjustment for further tone control.
The three distinct inputs - Bright, Normal, and Dark, maximise the tone of any guitar. Whether you have a modern Epiphone or a vintage instrument with a funky pickup, you can find your guitar's optimum voice by combining the Century's Input, Tone, and Boost controls. An Internal Bias Adjustment further allows you to make fine adjustments to the output of the 6V6 tubes.
The Century's Extension Speaker Output allows you further control over your tone by giving you the option of using the all-tube electronics with a different speaker cabinet in the studio or on stage. An optional foot switch is available for control for the Master Volume's "Boost" mode.
In the late 30s, Epiphone was already blazing a trail for what founder Epi Stathopoulo saw as the future - the electric guitar. Now in the 21st century, the "1939" Century Amp returns with a modern all-tube amp design with a powerful, full-toned 12" Electar speaker in a compact, easy-to-carry, cabinet that has been featured in every vintage guitar book!
- Designed by Nat Daniels of Danelectro
- Rounded top corners
- 12" Rola field coil speaker
- Beam powered tubes
- Closed back with ventilation slots
- Rubber-cushioned chasis
- On/off switch
- Fuse mount
- Carrying handle on top of amplifier
- 18 watts; All-Tube; Class A/B
- 2 - 6V6 and 2 - 12AX7
- Master Volume with pull "boost" mode
- Master Tone
- Bright, Normal and Dark Inputs
- Extension Speaker Output
- Footswitch Jack (footswitch optional)
- Internal Bias Adjusment
- Estimated worldwide production: 3000 units
- 16.5"T x 13.8"W x 7.5"D
- Laminted maple cabinet
- Cloth grille cover with Electar "E" cutout
- Two inputs
- 1 Volume control
- Watts: 18
- Speaker: 12" Electar
- Weight: 21.35lbs
- Dimensions: 20.25" x 17" x 10.75"
- Electronics: All-tube Class A/B 2-6V6, 2-12AX7
- Controls: Master Volume with push/pull boost, Master Tone
- Inputs: 1/4" Bright, Normal, Dark
- Power: On/Off, Internal Bias Adjustment
- Optional: Footswitch /Single Button
The product price includes 3 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.