View Full Description
Special Offer - Plugin Collective
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite and the plug-in will then be automatically delivered to your registered account. For more information please check the promotional offer page.
Designed with Studio Recording In Mind
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 is the latest in Focusrite's new generation of FireWire audio interfaces. As with all Focusrite interfaces, Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.
Twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence form the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. These combine with the very latest in mix control software and FireWire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Pristine Audio Quality
With Saffire PRO 24, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The two Focusrite pre-amps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Front Panel 5-LED Metering
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual 'loopback' inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers detailed viewing of levels.
Track, Monitor and Mix as Quickly as Possible
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 18 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible. Saffire PRO 24 also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, providing a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Modern Music Making Experience
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and Mike the Drummer. Focusrite's Saffire PRO 24 is designed to capture every subtle nuance of your recordings, dropped seamlessly and effortlessly into the digital domain, leaving you free to enjoy the freedom of a creative modern music making experience.
Red 2 & 3 Plug-Ins
The Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor included plug-ins are accurate models of Focusrite's classic hardware. Coveted by producers and engineers for their unrivalled clarity and versatility, the original units are proud fixtures in some of the most renowned recording studios the world over. Now, the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite lets you exploit the famous natural sound of the originals, conveniently from within your DAW of choice. Click here for more information on how to download.
- Two high quality award-winning Focusrite mic-pres - Focusrite interfaces are always the best sounding interfaces in their class
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface - Features professional conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization
- Total I/O count of 16 inputs and 8 outputs- A host of i/o options are provided, including a unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire Mix Control
- Saffire Mix Control latency-free DS P Mixer/Router - This 18 x 8 DSP mixer provides truly-flexible routing and monitoring capabilities alongside intuitive one-click set-up solutions
- Class-leading LED metering - 5-LED metering offers accurate viewing of analogue input levels direct from the front fascia
- Focusrite VST /AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix - Upgrade your standard sequencer effects with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins
- Unmatched routing flexibility - Setup for any recording session quickly and intuitively. Route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the outputs
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -105.3dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001 (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 8.6dBu at 1
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -106dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N (A-Weighted): Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.3dBu at 1
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004 (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
Line level Outputs
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 105dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -104.5dB
- THD+N: Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.13dBu at 0.885
Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock jitter
- THD+N AMPL (A-weighted)= -107dBFS
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line high quality Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument high quality Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only) Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 1 x TRS stereo headphone output
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1x 6 pin FireWire 400 socket - also compatible with FireWire 800 and Thunderbolt
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
Weight and Dims
- 1.6kg / 3.5 lbs
- 215mm / 8.5" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.